• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

popping?

beastlydumass

NAXJA Forum User
i got sumthing popping and cant find it. its not the front suspension, some say trany mount but its tite, i say control arms but there tite, sway bar links and brakets are good and its geting worse and louder. can feel it in the floor wen pops!

i got sumthing popping and cant find it. its not the front suspension, some say trany mount but its tite, i say control arms but there tite, sway bar links and brakets are good and its geting worse and louder. can feel it in the floor wen pops!

This is in the wrong section. try posting it in OEM tech. Try tightening the trackbar bracket on the frame side.

X2 What Flex and Sean said.....I had the same problem...the trac bar on the frame mount has to be tiiiiiiiiiiiight...then if you still have a bit of popping now and then i would guess you have stock UCA's I get a tiny bit from them from time to time...

gotcha moved to the right forum, you may have better luck with getting some help over here :thumbup:

tighten everything....then go hit all your grease fittings....then, tighten everything again, and take her for a spin....i check all my shit for...wow, i am a grammer idiot, and appearently ADD...anyway, I check all my stuff everytime I change my oil. there. I said it. Good day.

I had a popping that turned into a clunk...it was loose lugnugs. Check the little things, too.

Can you be more specific? When does it happen? Going straight down the road? When turning? When hitting bumps? Speeding up or slowing down?

That might help narrow the problem down.

On this subject I have a popping that I feel in My floorboard but its only in 4wheel low and is most noticeable when changing directions.

Thoughts?

I had a similar issue with popping only in 4wd, turned out to be the front driveshaft. Seems the DC joint's centering ball crapped out. If you have a spare front shaft, try swapping it out, may help.

well its only 2wd. it pops wen u go forward then bak visversa. i chekd avery thing and it cant get titer the bushing are geting old so it mite be the tracker bar bushings.

well its only 2wd. it pops wen u go forward then bak visversa. i chekd avery thing and it cant get titer the bushing are geting old so it mite be the tracker bar bushings.

I had a popping noise like you described and it ended up being that the bolts that hold the tranny to the crossmember had all loosened up and fallen off, so my tranny kept shifting and making a popping that sounded and felt like it was coming from the front suspension. Look into that as a possibility.

Back