• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp Adjustable Trac Bar

TheWhiteHO

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I've looked everywhere without much luck. Does anyone have a Pro Comp adjustable trac bar on their XJ? I'm sitting at 5.5" and just took my jeep for an alignment. The factory TB is shot after 18 yrs...go figure.

Anyway, is the Pro Comp good/bad/adequate...any feedback would be appreciated.

I had one on my xj for about 4 years on a 4" lift. Never had any problems with it.

At that lift you need a much better bar like RE HD and bracket with optional brace!

Ok, I've looked everywhere without much luck. Does anyone have a Pro Comp adjustable trac bar on their XJ? I'm sitting at 5.5" and just took my jeep for an alignment. The factory TB is shot after 18 yrs...go figure.

Anyway, is the Pro Comp good/bad/adequate...any feedback would be appreciated.

wow, stock trackbar with 5.5" of lift?

x3 on a heavy duty trackbar with bracket so the trackbar mounts in double shear.

Yeah...stock bar was on it when I used it as a DD with 3". I put the 5.5" on it and never adjusted anything because the jeep went to strictly spare vehicle/offroad toy status.

Is the RE that much better based on experience or just personal opinion? I ordered the PC TB through 4 Wheel Parts but can cancel if it isn't a good option.

Yeah...stock bar was on it when I used it as a DD with 3". I put the 5.5" on it and never adjusted anything because the jeep went to strictly spare vehicle/offroad toy status.

Is the RE that much better based on experience or just personal opinion? I ordered the PC TB through 4 Wheel Parts but can cancel if it isn't a good option.

i wouldnt get it 5.5" of lift. the bar itself looks good but the rod end gets mounted in single shear.

for a better price, i would get this: http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...en=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-STBCK

personally, im looking at getting the RE HD trackbar with bracket that was recommended by the other that responded, but its more money.

Rough country Double shear and Bracket, $129.95
Send a PM to Jason. "roughcountry" for a possible discount.

So based on what I'm hearing, the big key is the new bracket. It also seems like the brace is a great addition. Any thoughts on using the pro-comp trac bar with the RE bracket and brace?

So based on what I'm hearing, the big key is the new bracket. It also seems like the brace is a great addition. Any thoughts on using the pro-comp trac bar with the RE bracket and brace?

most likely wont fit because the RE bracket is made for the width of their flex joint on their trackbar.

the key is the bracket because it mounts the trackbar joint in double shear.

if you can weld, get the pro-comp trackbar and modify the stock bracket so the trackbar mounts in double shear while keeping the trackbar and draglink parallel.

Back