• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Desert Flowers

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking, ok the wife said she wants to do a run to look at the desert flowers..Let me know if you would like to go..This will be a powder puff run..We have lots of them blooming so it should be a nice EASY run...

I DID SAY EASY right???

4/10/2010
This weekend coming up..Short notice i know..
Post up if your wife says yes..
I am thinking berdoo canyon..

PS
I'll find some stuff for the guys to do..LOL..

I was thinking, ok the wife said she wants to do a run to look at the desert flowers..Let me know if you would like to go..This will be a powder puff run..We have lots of them blooming so it should be a nice EASY run...

I DID SAY EASY right???

4/10/2010
This weekend coming up..Short notice i know..
Post up if your wife says yes..
I am thinking berdoo canyon..

PS
I'll find some stuff for the guys to do..LOL..

I have a special place I go to every year and yes they were in bloom.....SANTA

Where is berdoo canyon?

What the hell. Am I missing something? I feel like there should be some gay joke hidden within this thread but I'm not seeing it. I hate it when the jokes on me and I don't even get the joke.

Edit: The funny thing here is that my wife was looking over my shoulder when I first read this thread. Her eyes lit up. She was all excited about doing a "Flower Run." She was immediately trying to figure out a way to get out of the wedding were supposed to be going to this weekend and I'm not even sure if this thread is a joke or for real.

Last edited:
Berdoo canyon runs up to the high desert..(Joshua tree) It is a east boring run...The ladys like to look at the flowers this time of year..I think i could make the run in the vue but it has one part thats need a higher car in...But it is all 2 wheel drive..

Berdoo canyon is outside of palm springs..East side of it...

So this thread is for real. All the bud cans and tutu talk was really confusing me.

Maybe? I value my life pretty high, How much ya gonna pay me? :(

Last edited:
OK guys, do i chit on your threads....LOL? This guy has a wife that would like to look at the wild flowers...This run can be done on sunday too..I think the wife wouldn't mine running it twice if she doesn't break her jeep again..LOL

Here is a couple of pics of them in my backyard
003-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Let your wife see these..

Scott/Paul
I might have a trip going Sat. with some work folks and the band of misfits... out east of town then down to N.Shore... probably be a long day...
I'll see what happens & holler at y'all...

Curt

Maybe? I value my life pretty high, How much ya gonna pay me? :(

Again, you guys have a humor that is like a secret language. Either you get it or you don't. I'm not sure if this is an angry response to something I said or just inside jokes and subtle humor. I hope I didn't say something offensive. I was trying to add my own subtle humor, but it seems I sucked at it. I was genuinely interested in the "flower run" and I still am. Getting my wife to come with me on runs is next to impossible. The flower thing finally seemed to spark an interest. Still not sure we can get out of the wedding this weekend, but if we can, we would definately like to join you guys. From what you guys are saying, I might just bring the 4x4 Explorer on all-terrains instead of the BEAST.

Again, you guys have a humor that is like a secret language. Either you get it or you don't. I'm not sure if this is an angry response to something I said or just inside jokes and subtle humor. I hope I didn't say something offensive. I was trying to add my own subtle humor, but it seems I sucked at it. I was genuinely interested in the "flower run" and I still am. Getting my wife to come with me on runs is next to impossible. The flower thing finally seemed to spark an interest. Still not sure we can get out of the wedding this weekend, but if we can, we would definately like to join you guys. From what you guys are saying, I might just bring the 4x4 Explorer on all-terrains instead of the BEAST.

Oh Dude, no anger at all. Scott and I have known each other for 40+ years. And if you knew my Wife ( and if you make it you will), you would understand the "I value my life..." comment. She will be driving:eek: , I'll be the one in the passenger seat, on the CB screaming.:wow:
I hope you two can make it, this year we have had an uncommon amount of rain. The Dez is really something in the spring after a lot of winter rain.

my wife would love this how ever i have a run going on saturday up cleghorn if anyone shows.... if u do this sunday as well we might be able to swing it

Again, you guys have a humor that is like a secret language. Either you get it or you don't..

Here is the short of it...We have alot of FUN.. We don't want you to think this is towards you or anybody else...

Mike said something about a TU TU..This is a long standing joke we did on a guy from the HIGH DESERT, yes he is a desert rat too..BIG ugly SOB...LOL
But here is the pic of the TU TU man..
pinktutu.jpg

Now this guy looks like our friend from the high desert..BIG and ugly:scared:.
We are all friends, so we have thick skin...But other people just piss us off..
Yes thats a joke..:wave:.. Well maybe:rolleyes:..
You are welcome to join in on the fun..

Back