• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Part number request

casm

NAXJA Forum User
It's time to pay some attention to the front end, and I could use a few Mopar part numbers if someone could oblige. What I need are the following:

- Front wheel hub & unit bearing assembly (both sides)
- Balljoints/knuckles (both sides)

These are for a 2000 XJ. 4.0, NP242, D30 (low-pinion).

Any non-OEM recommendations are OK, but I'd still like to get the Chrysler part numbers for comparison purposes. For what it's worth, I'm looking at keeping things (relatively) stock and not doing an OTK conversion or similar at this point.

hub/unit bearing - 5300 7449AC, quantity 2. For some reason the RHD 4WD requires a different unit (but the 2WD LHD/RHD are both the same as LHD 4WD)
balljoints/knuckles - 8350 0202, quantity 2. Each kit covers a whole knuckle - both upper/lower. Comes with balljoints, balljoint rings, nuts, and cotter pins. I'd suggest replacing the OEM pins with stainless ones though.

hub/unit bearing - 5300 7449AC, quantity 2. For some reason the RHD 4WD requires a different unit (but the 2WD LHD/RHD are both the same as LHD 4WD)
balljoints/knuckles - 8350 0202, quantity 2. Each kit covers a whole knuckle - both upper/lower. Comes with balljoints, balljoint rings, nuts, and cotter pins. I'd suggest replacing the OEM pins with stainless ones though.

Awesome, thanks. It looks like the balljoints/knuckles got superseded by p/n 83500202AB, but this is exactly what I needed.

I can't believe how expensive these are even through the usual el cheapo OEM parts suppliers - $200 for the hub/unit bearing, and about the same for the balljoint/knuckle. Definitely have to do some shopping around on these ones.

Yeah, no kidding. I've heard rumors that Autozone sells Timken hub unit bearings for under 100 each, but I'm not sure they have 99.5+ ones.

Back