• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adj Map Sensor

fabjunkie

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang, I have done a search, but didn't come up with anything besides Hesco, and their site is down at the moment..

Does anyone know where I can purchase an adj MAP sensor? I am going with the bigger injectors on my 4.6 stroker in a 91, but I want the adj map to dial it in.

Or for that matter, is there anyone out there making a decent home brew one? I would rather pay for it, because I suck at electronic stuff..

Thanks

Dude thats a great link thanks, I'm going to order the map adjuster for sure!

Wish I would have known they open up the pistons, I would have gone that route to drop the CR down a little, but have to save that trick for the next stroker!!!

Thanks again!

Not bad on the MAP adjuster. I did make my own. Not really that hard. Oh and BTW you will need the $350 wideband o2 sensor installed with proper gauge to read it to 'Dial-it in'. The chepo $50 just don't work. If it connects to a stock O2 then its junk and will not work for what you need. Here is part of a good article(shootout): Least it give a bunch of product names.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2007/06/WidebandShootout/index.php

A few years ago, Oregon had "Dyno" type of tester for emissions. Part of the failure report was HC, NOx and other data. I plotted it in Excel for different MAP voltages and determined where the cross over was between lean and rich, also how it compared to the target values. Then adjusted just a little toward rich but under the target to pass emissions. Worked like a charm.

A few years later my injectors failed. Bought some from FiveO and it wouldn't pass. Used the method above and determined that there was not way I was going to pass. Replaced the stock plugs with some used Split fires which run a little hotter. Plotted and passed. Best performance ever. Great set up including the Borla exhaust with header. Improved MPG too.

sweet, I'm gonna put the 24s in this week, and i''l get the adj map thing on the way. so this affects the entire rpm curve then??

sweet, I'm gonna put the 24s in this week, and i''l get the adj map thing on the way. so this affects the entire rpm curve then??

i believe it effects the entire rpm curve only becuase it allows you to change the baseline voltage seting. i dont believe it constantly adjusts any differnt then the stock map, just allows to change the baseline voltage setting.

i may be wrong, but thats how i thought it worked when i researched for my future renix stroker.

I should be getting my 60mm renix TB from Jeff tomorrow! You can pickup a wideband o2 with gauge for $150-180(I'm happy with Innovate). Dial in a 12.5-12.8:1 afr ratio at WOT for best power.

FWIW, Jeff told me that the adjustable MAP sensor was only in play at large throttle openings when the ECU went open loop and ignored the 02 sensor and relied solely upon the MAP sensor. Gradon, you will like the TB.

well that makes sense. thats kinda the best of both worlds. My main concern would be pinging when pulling a load or a hill. If the MAP referrs to the new (altered) voltage signal when throttle is mashed, this would allow me to correct for a lean situation then. But it would allow the computer to dink around with the mix under normal conditions while referring to the O2.

Hey Gradon, BTW, this is the stroker I built with the crank I got from you!:yelclap:
So far so good. Can't really tell much, just had it running long enough to break in the cam and had to call it a day. the 19s are too lean and didn't want to take a chance on hurting anything in the motor.

Hopefully the 24s i ordered will be here tomorrow or Thurs and I'll get it going for real this weekend. right now I'm pretty happy to get all the parts back in the truck and see the bare garage floor!

This weekend looks like installing injectors, installing Dynomax cat back, and if Murphy keeps his distance, maybe I'll get to drive it. Still have to debug rear disc brake swap, weld new rear shock mounts...it never ends!:cry:

Oh and I ordered the MAP sensor thing today...that might not get here till next week though..

Back