• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Earth quake!

Sonia was setting the table and thought she was having vertigo.

Rick are you OK down there? Any damage?

"And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men." (Matt. 28:2-4)

hahahahha! thought it was funny, and fitting for todays celebrations...

have a good one guys!

Sonia was setting the table and thought she was having vertigo.

Ha. Me too. i was outside and thought I was having a dizzy spell. Til I saw all the light standards swaying.

Yeah, I think/hope the aftershocks are settling down. It was a definite roller, strong enough I bailed to the front yard with the girls & the dog. The last really strong one I felt here in San Diego was a shaker, and things fell off shelves and the house was creaking & snapping (but that's my ex's house now, and he says it came thru this one fine).

Hopefully the less well-built places in Baja didn't suffer too much damage. Everyone I've talked to from Campo (east of SD) to Santa Barbara seems to be okay.

I had to jump up and grab my wife's custom lamps she had made.
All I could see was dollar signs shattered all over the floor!

Looks like some new cracks in the stucco too.

They have upgraded it to a 7.2 now.

Wild!!

I had to jump up and grab my wife's custom lamps she had made.
All I could see was dollar signs shattered all over the floor!

Looks like some new cracks in the stucco too.

They have upgraded it to a 7.2 now.

Wild!!
Wow. Tell Bonnie to make her lamps with wider bases and a lower center of gravity next time!!

Wasn't that bad damage-wise here in San Diego (that I've heard of). Maybe because a lot of the area's on an adobe base, which tends to absorb some of the movement and spread it out (or send it to Borrego?)

now the illegals will really head for kalifornia, especially since amnesty is on the way. hope e-one okay down there in sd area

now the illegals will really head for kalifornia, especially since amnesty is on the way. hope e-one okay down there in sd area

:confused:

I was watching my jeep in the garage move around 2-3 inches. Nice and long one. Of course my parents in Illinois called since the mad media likes to exaggerate and dramatize.

Back