• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Additional NWC Sub-forums?

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
For those who haven't noticed the Colorado chapter has two additional sub forums. One for upcoming events, and another for trip reports. I've been pondering the idea of bringing this to the NWC, but I wanted to hear what you thought first.

Do you think having an "Upcoming Events" sub-forum would help organize things better? This would be for upcoming trail runs, clean-ups, work parties, 4x4 shows, swap meets, etc.

Would you use a "Trip Reports" section to post trip reports, and your weekend adventures? Maybe this could also be a NWC photo section as well?

It seems like we usually have a lot going on, and threads can end up on 2nd page by the next day.

Opinions? :dunno:

Its not a bad idea if they are used frequently. If you notice, the Colorado forums have been up since 1 Jan, and they have a grand total of 5 threads between them. All of the members said what a great idea it would be. Then they got them, and no one has hardly used them.

Its not a bad idea if they are used frequently. If you notice, the Colorado forums have been up since 1 Jan, and they have a grand total of 5 threads between them. All of the members said what a great idea it would be. Then they got them, and no one has hardly used them.

I did notice that, but it seems like the NWC has a decent amount of events going on from month to month. On page one alone of the NWC forum, I see 6 threads that would fit well in an "upcoming events" forum.

The "trip reports" forum may not get used all that often, but I would hope that would change over time. If we let it also include picture posting of recent mods, that could also help keep the main page more organized and give NWC folks a place to show off their Jeeps (other than the Local Rig Directory which is becoming a can of worms as well).

maby have a section for non jeep bs'n, one for runs(pre, post , and reports.) and a third for tec, pics, projects and whatever else.

make up our own, that work for the NWC.

bronze.

I think the main NWC forum works well for local discussion Jeep related or not. For tech postings the national mod and oem tech forums would be the best place to post tech questions. It's a way better resource for information. I do think a place for pics, projects, and reports would be nice though.

I think its a good idea to add another forum for upcoming events and trip reports, or a forum for each. They may not see much traffic right away but that should change over time. It seems to work pretty good to keep Sore4x4 organized.

The tech should be moved to the national forum but don't necessarily think we need a pics section. Trip pics can be put in the report forum and there are not a whole lot of builds that are going on at the same time within the chapter.

I don't know.

1. First off there is WAY TOO MUCH tech in our chapter forums as it is, this stuff is supposed to be in the tech forums.

2. All of these threads get off track so far anyway that often a run thread will have several pages of garbage associated with it.

3. Not sure if people will go to the effort of looking/posting in another sub chapter? The Colorado chapter seems to have this issue also where there are run's in the main chapter threads.

I don't know?
Michael

I think we should give it a shot. It will make looking back at older runs easier.

Especially since its spring (somewhere) and the runs will increase to a weekly occurance soon.

I know I'm new here but.... Adding these sub-chapters doesn't seem to have any negatives.

Best case scenario:
People use them, making it easier to find info on upcoming events and see what trails recently look like. This will also clean up the main area making that easier to navigate too.

Worst case scenario:
People don't use them as much as wanted and there are two more links on the NorthWest Chapter page.

Seems like a good idea to me, or maybe there is something I'm missing.

It seems like we usually have a lot going on, and threads can end up on 2nd page by the next day.
Worst case scenario:
People don't use them as much as wanted and there are two more links on the NorthWest Chapter page.

That right there would tick off the majority of my last Chapter. You guys have eight stickies, eight. Coupled with the forum announcements and the two sub forums that you already have, the whole first half of your page is taken up by crap that never goes away. You want to keep things on the first page, cut some flippin' stickies. Just sayin'....:thumbup:

the problem is tho, 7 of those 8, are extremely useful. the MGE one will most likely be deleted soon, and the 5/8 trip will probably be deleted 5/9 but the rest are pretty standard..

LOL @ $4m a month... it's a forum. I'm not saying that you're not correct in that $ amount because I have no experience with it but why would anyone want to pay $4m a month for anything? That's more than Bill Gate's mortgage and his monthly payment comes with a mansion.

LOL @ $4m a month... it's a forum. I'm not saying that you're not correct in that $ amount because I have no experience with it but why would anyone want to pay $4m a month for anything? That's more than Bill Gate's mortgage and his monthly payment comes with a mansion.
That post (and this one) cost $50 each.

I would think TSF Noobfest, Runs & Events of 2010, and Northwest Fest 2010 could be combined into a single thread. As well as combining NWC Shirts & Stickers and NWC BOD and Boundaries into a single Chapter Information thread. That would cut 3 stickies right there................:dunno:

For the record, though, you guys aren't the worst. I think the RRC has over ten and the NAC is right up there too...........
puke.gif

The average seems to be about six.

Back