• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Noobfest: 5/8

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who: Obviously this run will be geared more toward beginners. Anyone is welcome to participate member or not.
What:
There will be no vehicle requirements for this. If you've been itching to get out on the trail, bring what you got.
When: 5/8/2010: Lets plan to meet at Rogers Camp around 9:00, and be on the trails by 10:00.
Where:
This will be taking place at the Tillamook State Forest. You can top off your tanks and pick up an ORV permit at the Gales Creek Shell. Continue up Hwy 6 for another ~7 miles until you see the turnoff for Browns Camp on the left. Hang a left at the T and follow the road into Rogers Camp.

Game plan: Here's the tentative game plan for the day.
-While at the staging area maybe have a little Q&A
-Start off with a few sections of Powerline to get a feel for the rig
-Possible recovery/spotting demo at Mini Rubicon
-Continue on up to Hoodraiser and Hogsback
-End the day with a section or two of Archers Firebreak

Hope to see a good turnout for this. If you've been thinking about bringing your XJ out on a run, this is going to be a great run to learn the basics. It should be a lot of fun, and a great chance to learn something new. For the TSF regulars please know this will be an easy day.

IMG_0021.jpg

PDRM0059.jpg

I'm in! been there before with other xj's i've owned but would like a chance to meet more xj lovers. should also have my nieses with me. 8 and 9 year old girls that love to go jeeping!

yay!

Im super excited to noob it up at the tsf!

going to try to go and try to bring a buddy thats never been wheeling and just got his first 4wd

I should be in, my XJ will still be mostly stockish though. :p

Would love to go get my feet wet but my rig is not ready yet. I figure im a couple of weeks out. Have fun ill catch ya next time

so is this run. ill be in a just above stock jeep and im shure a couple others that will be there in stock trim. drive out, have a good time. you wont regret it, even if you just wach. may change your build plans.

Bronze.

It's looking like we'll have a good turnout for this. You don't need to have rock sliders and full skids for this event. We'll be on some fun easy and moderate trails for most of the day.

Also, I'm thinking maybe we could do a group lunch either at Lyda Camp, or up by Hogsback? If someone has a grill maybe we could cook up some hotdogs. A hot lunch on the trail always hits the spot.

IMG_0131.jpg

Also, pray for :sunshine:

Back