• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ADVICE ON CHEAP SHOCKS

I am looking for some shocks and I am not sure which ones I should go with the choices are

dt3000
rough country 8000 or 9000
sky jacker hydros

I am looking for people running these and what you like or hate about them. These are all in the same price range so please don't suggest a shock that cost double.

Thanks,

Ryan

I'm running the Doetsch Tech DT8000 series shocks and love them. They ride great and hold up to the abuse. They are very similar to the DT3000 series shocks but have bumpstops at each end of travel. The price is about $38 each + shipping if you buy them direct. The DT3000 are even better prices. IMHO you can't go wrong with Doetsch.
http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/2.asp

Last edited:
im runnign skycrapper hydros on my 3.5 lift and they do that job, there rather old and still holding up.. so id say for 32$ there worth it

I've got the DTs...pretty sure the 3000s, which ever one is the cheaper one I guess. Got them from Jason on jeepin.com for a good price, I think he was having a sale at one point a few years ago. I've got no complains at all. Been running them for ~2 years. Much better than using the stock shocks on a lifted jeep, they had zero uptravel!....I had to have three people sit in the back of the jeep just to get the rears connected!! I love the way my jeep rides with the DTs.

LilRhodyXJ said:
I know its not one of your choices but look into BDS hydros...they are around $40 a piece and I heard they ride better then RE mono tubes

Andrew
x2

I run the BDS hydros and think they are a good shock.

I've got skyjacker hydros and they are good enough for me, but even with excellent shocks my jeep would ride like crap so its not a big deal. It use to ride ok with them on until my CA bushings wore out.

Back