• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC Long Arm Transmission Crossmember...

MetViper

NAXJA Forum User
If you have the Rough Country Long Arm kit or have seen it you know the studs/nuts that bolt the transmission mount to the new crossmember or exposed and prone to shearing if they come in contact with the wrong rock. Yesterday, my friend Mike (muskyslayr) and I came up with a simple, relatively easy fix. We cut and welded some square stock to the bottom of the crossmember to help protect the studs/nuts. I know I contemplated many different ways to do this, but this one seemed the simplest. Let me know what you think!

DSCF5363.jpg

DSCF5362.jpg

DSCF5361.jpg

In case you're wondering: Yes, I did clean it up and paint it! ;)

-Jeff C.

Looks good.

However the newest batch comes with bolts that are now sunk up into the cross member.

Good news to everyone who buys it from now on.

Yeah i was ticked to hear they switched crossmembers just a few months after release and left the rest of us with the exposed bolts to deal with it ourselves. :badpc:

You lost a little ground clearance with that mod but those nuts are well protected now.

Yeah i was ticked to hear they switched crossmembers just a few months after release and left the rest of us with the exposed bolts to deal with it ourselves. :badpc:

You lost a little ground clearance with that mod but those nuts are well protected now.

Didn't lose much ground clearance....a little less than 1 inch...

So when did they start sending the new design out? I just bought and installed mine just over a month ago. Dang it!! As far as your fix though... Gonna need to do this one myself to.

Just my luck i guess.... They probably sent me the last one of the old design. :shocked:

You can buy the crossmember from RC if you are rich. It's only $180 :gag:

My vender tried to get RC to exchange crossmembers with me but no luck.

Back