• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition-On Power Feed?

1987Comanche

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to add the OE cooling fan to my '90 4L AX-15 (no A/C) and I spent part of yesterday stripping down a wiring harness at the jy. I pulled the relay, temp switch, fan connector, diode, fusible link power feed, conduit, and all associated wiring. My donor was an '89 4.0 AW4 with factory A/C.
The ignition on power feed from the '89 was orange/blk tracer that plugged into the front harness (single connector and the ignition on feed is yellow in the harness). It was located by the ignition module and starter solenoid on the pass side. For some reason I can't find the orange/blk single connector in my truck at all. I did find a 2 prong connector (one red wire, one black so it should be constant power & ground) tucked under the relay cover near the fender. It has about 2' of wire coiled so I assume it's for an option the truck never came with. Anyone know what this one is?
Assuming the ignition on plug-in feed doesn't exist on my truck where is the best place to tap into the ignition on power feed? Ignition module?

I would just go from the fuse box, its labeled IGN, I have ran a few things off of it, i also have a orange wire under my airbox, I'm not sure if its for ignition, but its there so you may want to check into it ;)

I found an available feed from the fuel pump relay which will only provide voltage when the f/p is running. If my truck had A/C it would be used to run the A/C relay. It's orange/blk tracer and seems perfect for my fan relay. Thoughts?

Back