• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size tire ???

r33pwrd

NAXJA Forum User
So I have the lift situated... 4.5" RE Superflex... now what tire do I want to run? (I do plan on doing SYE and Gears)

First tire size? I was thinking a 32x11.50-15 or a 33x12.50-15 with Buchwackers?? I DO NOT want to "cut my fenders" without flares. This Jeep is a toy for me and will probbaly not get more than 8K miles a year! most miles will be to and from Medium type trails (no hardcore guy here)

What brand of tire? I have run the old Goodyears MT (the one like the H1 had) and have also run BFG MT's (the old style) I liked both but prefer the BFG's... is there another tire I should look at?

Thanks for any input!

jeep is a 91 2 Door 4.0L Auto tanny.

thats what im leaning towards... does anyone have a early body style 2 door with bushwackers on it? Does it allwo me to cut the lower part of the fender like the new body style?

ill be the first asshole to say cut em up and install 35's :D
IMG_3969.jpg

now that we're got that over with, im real happy with my KM2's for crawling. 6psi in em and they just work

ill be the first asshole to say cut em up and install 35's :D
IMG_3969.jpg

now that we're got that over with, im real happy with my KM2's for crawling. 6psi in em and they just work

And I'll be the first asshole that says he thinks cut fenders look like crap IMO. Sorry to offend anyone but I refuse to destroy a good condition jeep.

Cut fenders actually prevent destruction. My jeep is in great condition and my fenders are cut. :dunno: You aren't offending anyone here. Its cool to go about it your own way. I don't like the flareless look myself but Sometimes trimming is the best way to get clearance. Here is my Jeep with relocated flares on 2" of lift w/31's:

S7300881.jpg

Cut fenders look great IMO but to each his own. Bushwackers are a waste of good modding money though. If you want to keep your flares just cut and reuse the stock ones. You want need to cut much with 4.5". None will be needed in the rear and only needed in the front if you plan on disconecting the sway bar and wheeling.

Cut fenders look great IMO but to each his own. Bushwackers are a waste of good modding money though. If you want to keep your flares just cut and reuse the stock ones. You want need to cut much with 4.5". None will be needed in the rear and only needed in the front if you plan on disconecting the sway bar and wheeling.

He can also bumpstop it properly to keep the tires from ever coming near the fenders. At full stuff it may rub while turned but just taking off the corner at the bottom should solve that.

I would say trim fenders and use stock flares or rear TJ flares front and rear.

And I'll be the first asshole that says he thinks cut fenders look like crap IMO. Sorry to offend anyone but I refuse to destroy a good condition jeep.
do it right... i think cut fenders looks better than metal brackets and missing flares.

stick to 31s or 32s if your not going to trim. if your going to bump for 33s or bigger your going to lose a lot of suspension travel.

i think you have to cut the fenders some anyway for the bushwackers. correct me if im wrong. better to spend that $400 for flares on rock sliders or skids.

If this jeep is just a toy. why are you spending $400 on flares but cheaping out on tires? there is a reason people go for bigger tires, ground clearance for the axle.

Hell man, it's your rig. but normally for wheeling its function over form. while cutting the fenders may be ugly, bigger tires = more fun

If this jeep is just a toy. why are you spending $400 on flares but cheaping out on tires? there is a reason people go for bigger tires, ground clearance for the axle.

Hell man, it's your rig. but normally for wheeling its function over form. while cutting the fenders may be ugly, bigger tires = more fun

who said im going cheap on tires??? I dont think BFG MT are "cheap tires? :dunno:

Cut fenders actually prevent destruction. My jeep is in great condition and my fenders are cut. :dunno: You aren't offending anyone here. Its cool to go about it your own way. I don't like the flareless look myself but Sometimes trimming is the best way to get clearance. Here is my Jeep with relocated flares on 2" of lift w/31's:

I should clarify.... im not against trimming of fenders but I cannot stand the cut no fender look :nono:

i think you have to cut the fenders some anyway for the bushwackers. correct me if im wrong. better to spend that $400 for flares on rock sliders or skids.

yes you have to cut the fenders but it covers up the cuts... like I said (after your post :) ) I dont mind trimming the fenders but I do not like the no fender look. And im doing rock slides and skids, bushwackers or not!

I should clarify.... im not against trimming of fenders but I cannot stand the cut no fender look :nono:

I don't like it either but If I had to run it I would. I would go with a 33 and trim and bumpstop accordingly. I would run the KM2's if I didn't have Kumho KL71's with 5k miles on them.

I don't like it either but If I had to run it I would. I would go with a 33 and trim and bumpstop accordingly. I would run the KM2's if I didn't have Kumho KL71's with 5k miles on them.
You like those kl71s? Im browsing for tires and really like the way those look.. but cannot find much on reviews:dunno:

Back