• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can anyone id this lift?

jwebb85

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this lift off of craigslist. The seller said it was a 3". The box the springs were in said Rough County. When I asked him who made the kit he said he didn't know, so I am assuming the springs were in the wrong box? I looked on RC website and didn't see a kit with all adjustable arms for a 3". Any help would be nice, also I got it for 300.00. Bushings all seem decent.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/1665466223.html

The arms and diconnects are Rough Country, so unless it pieced together thats an RC lift.

Actually the arms appear to be Tera-flex.They were one of the first to use a "pivoting" thread design.

I got the rear springs installed tonight... Got about 5.5" which included a 1/2" shim. Kinda sucks, was told it was a 3". I guess thats what you get when you buy used. I know my rears were sagging a bit but not 2-2.5". We'll see what tomorrow brings with the front.....

you may have only got 3", check with a measuring tape to be sure. 20" from center of wheel to bottom of flare (think 17" is stock height).

my leafs on a rig i had were shot, put on a 4" lift and it looked (with stock wheels) like around 10"

23" from wheel center to the bottom of the flare. This kinda sucks... Well looks like im either going to have a big lift or just buy new coils and use the adjustable arms. Could I remove a spring from the rear pack to drop it? Find one that gets me the height I want? What other issues will I have with the front end and 6". I know brake lines and track bar. Will I need a pitman arm as well? Any help would be nice, I am working on it as we speak. Thanks!

if you end up needing a drop p-arm, let me know. I got one for you. =) as well as a shitton of other misc parts, so just shoot me a PM and Ill go dig trough the garage and see if I got it.

Well its in. 6" rear 5.5" front. Drop pitman, track bar, hack n tap, shocks and I should be good. This is what I wanted to avoid... Oh well. Those adjustable UCAs and LCAs sure are sweet. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how. Have to have them online to post them?

photo.php
This is how I bought it. 99XJ No rust, no stains, 99k, $995.00, smashed!

home.php

Fixed the damage...

home.php

Lifted...

Back