• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ways to install a ZJ tank skid.

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am going to be intsalling my ZJ tank skid when my bumpers get here and I got to wondering the best way to make it fit. I was just going to enlarge the holes to make it fit and then install the heat shield inside of the skid. Is this the best way to go about it? My bumpers should start arriving next week.

I am going to be intsalling my ZJ tank skid when my bumpers get here and I got to wondering the best way to make it fit. I was just going to enlarge the holes to make it fit and then install the heat shield inside of the skid. Is this the best way to go about it? My bumpers should start arriving next week.

The best way to install it is to sell it to me and buy an XJ one.

Just kidding. But seriously.

Did some looking and the 97-01 XJ skids seem to be almost identical to the ZJ ones. Was going to say if you're going to have to mod it a ton, I'd find an 97+ XJ plate and trade you. Sounds like you're in good shape though.

Yeah I'll make it work. Just may have to redrill some holes. but if you would happen to find one like really soon before my bumpers get here then we may be in business! :D

I think I had to drill 1 or 2 new holes and enlarge 2 or 3 holes, but my ZJ skid fits perfectly with my Hidden Hitch.

Not the best pic, but it gets the point across. Oh, and I ditched my heat shield. It was just kinda annoying and in the way, besides the fact that it rattled like crazy!

DSCF0057.jpg

Back