• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting ready to install RE 4.5 superflex kit..

r33pwrd

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought a used kit and need to order a track bar from RE... what else do I need?

I have:
-front coils
-brake lines (both front and rear)
-All 4 shocks
-rear leafs with shackles
-u bolts
-Quick disconents for front sway bar (had to order new pins)
-upper and lower control arms
-bumpstops

So I think all I need is the transfer case drop kit and a track bar??? Should I order a Pitman arm as well? For the transfer case should I order a kit or just make us some 1" spacers and longer bolts?

Thanks

What no one has input on needing a pitman arm?? I thought this was a common lift??
No a drop pitman arm is needed or wanted,it will screw up your angles.
and there are cheaper alternatives to a longer trac bar.

Not good ones,one of the best investments you can do for yourself is a good trackbar,particularly above 3" of lift.

To the OP,you cant beat the RE1660 trackbar,bracket,and most important the optional brace!

Im at 5" and did not need a DPA.
i think you will be fine without it.

I do reccomend new U-bolts. also advise avoiding the t-case drop untill after you get the lift installed. If you have vibrations. drop the T-case.. if you dont have any vibes.. then why loose the ground clearance?

Is the 1660 worth the extra money over th 1600 (the 1660 is about 85 dollars more with the bracket)

Big time,for one at that lift you need want a double shear set-up that pivots in the same plane as the movement.You can do that with the 1600 and 1665 bracket but the difference in the size/design is definately worth the extra money.

When it comes to U-bolts,not just new ones but larger ones.

The ubolts stretch a little and become fatigued when you attempt to use them again. (I might be complete wrong on that, but its still a good idea to replace them)

If you have the money, get an SYE instead of a t-case drop kit. Just pickup another front driveshaft to use in the rear and you'll be ok for length. Make sure you get the SYE with the 1310 yoke if you decide to do this.

The ubolts stretch a little and become fatigued when you attempt to use them again. (I might be complete wrong on that, but its still a good idea to replace them)

If you have the money, get an SYE instead of a t-case drop kit. Just pickup another front driveshaft to use in the rear and you'll be ok for length. Make sure you get the SYE with the 1310 yoke if you decide to do this.

I will be doing a SYE down the road... (unless I get death wobble than ill do it right away) I just bought this Jeep last week and with a preganant wife I have to watch how fast I spend money :)

Is there a thread about using the Front driveline in the rear with SYE?? i would like to read about it. Thanks

Big time,for one at that lift you need want a double shear set-up that pivots in the same plane as the movement.You can do that with the 1600 and 1665 bracket but the difference in the size/design is definately worth the extra money.

When it comes to U-bolts,not just new ones but larger ones.

OK now I just need to find someone that sells them and takes paypal (trying to spend that money first :) )

Ok just ordered the RE HD track bar and mount !!!

I will also call RE and see if they have the U bolts... might as well put new ones on and have a set of extra ones :)

Back