• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intro from a new guy

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking for a introduction section but didn't find one.I am from SOCAL and have been looking for a xj since about Dec and no luck.I'm going to see two on Saturday so hopefully I will get one.Does anyone know of someone thats selling one?I am looking for a 4 door 2wd automatic.As soon as I get one I will post pics.:cheers:

If you dont mind me asking....why a 2WD? Everything is the same as far as suspension/ lifts/ parts go just you get stuck easier and can't go as many places.

Hi and good luck looking for a rig :). What are u planning on doing with 2wd rig? Look forward to see what u end up getting and nice meeting you :).

welcome.... and u should be able to find something on the for sale sec.

There you go!
I am amazed about the deals that can be found here and on Craig's List.
Look into your crystal ball and try to imagine what you will be doing with
your rig in five years.

Might I suggest a 96 or newer model?
;)

or.... get a 91-95 and do a convert the front end to a 97 or newer. :p

I dont like OBD2 equipped vehicles.

Welcome, you will find one here pretty quickly. Dont forget to check the little craigslist thread we have in the Socal chapter too. ususally the last page or so is still good.

welcome!

you can use www.searchtempest.com its craigslist but lets you put your zip code and will search all the available options within a mile radius you choose! thats how i found the deal on my xj!

Welcome. What year XJ are you looking for? The guys on here may be able to steer you towards some good years and clue you into the issues certain years had. No year is perfect, but some years and options seemed to have more issues than others.

Last edited:
Welcome. What year XJ are you looking for? The guys on here may be able to steer you towards some good years and clue you into the issues certain years had. No year is perfect, but some years and options seemed to have more issues than others.

What do you mean no year is perfect?
Its not like I had to modify my '96 to make it perfect?!?!

OH.....wait.....

:D

I wanted to spen about $1,000 to $1300 for a stock.I have been all over CL and the ones I like I email and they don't respond so I guess there sold.

nothing wrong with 2wd! just means you gotta carry more monentum and go faster! :] ask me how i know!?

Back