• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hack n tap question

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
i am in the middle of a hack n tap install... sort of. i bought a tcase that already has a hack n tap style SYE installed in it. i am trying to put a front driveshaft in the rear, but i didnt do my homework and it looks like i need a different spicer flange to be able to use it in the rear with this style SYE.

so my question is this:
Can I use the front output yoke of the old tcase in place of the flat hack n tap flange that is on the back of the tcase? i believe it is a RE setup, and its a 231 tcase if that matters.

help! in the middle of the job with the jeep all torn apart, it got towed here and needs to drive under its own power at the end of the day. :rattle:

nevermind, tried it and the shaft for the front output is smaller, no way it will fit on the rear output.

back to square 1

Go find someone else's t-case to take it out of, or swap on a flange to the d-shaft that will bolt up?

Banning Driveline in Banning, CA had the flange i needed. got it, swapped it in, and she's rollin again :D

thanks for the replies :wave1:

Back