• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help! SYE install in progress

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
i need a flange i guess to bolt the front DS i plan on using with the hack n tap style SYE that is in the tcase i bought. anyone have one, or a spare DS laying around with one on it that i can get and order you a replacement???

help! trying to get my XJ back on the road, its been busted up since august and now we are stuck!

call me if you can help, 3109959710. I'm at deans place in murrieta.

I got a long ass DS from Crazy jim u can use. It has the yoke from the t case on it. Come and get it foo.

i have a front DS, im putting in a tcase in that has a hack n tap style SYE already installed on it. no way to go back to a slip yoke style now - the old tcase is busted up pretty good... thanks for the offer tho :cheers:

anyone know if we can pull the front output yoke off the old tcase and use it in the rear??

Is this transfer case out of a 96 and newer? I'm guessing it is with the RE H-n-T kit. The yoke it self my be to long and hit the seal flange befor it bottoms out to stick a bolt in it. It may work if your able to cut it down to fit?

the tcase is out of a 93. we tried the front yoke, but the front output shaft is smaller than the rear, the yoke wont fit over the splines. and yes, it is an RE HnT setup.

aarrrgh!

whats the hole pattern? i might have one that will fit, its a shaft for my buggy sh!t that im not usin.

shit if i know lol. its a ford pattern. banning driveline has 2 of em, but they close at 5. they are about 2 1/2 inches apart, across and up & down if that makes sense. i need this part:

268507.jpg

Mike, I have one I pulled out of the yard (somewhere in the abyss.....er, garage) it's yours if you want it. I decided to go with the way Gojeep did his so, a spare shaft would fit either front or back. I'll see if I can find it. Give me a buzz @ 626-221-0430. I'll have to figure out a way to get it to you cause' you're way down there and I'm way up here :dunno:---------Hans
I always thought that the hack and tap only worked on the '96 transfer case.
Now I'm wayyyyyy confused about what you are doing.
The H&T for the earlier t-case comes with the proper seal.;)

i have a tcase out of a 93, with a hack n tap style SYE on it. previous owner told me it was a currie SYE (their kit replaces the output shaft with a custom unit) but the flange on it is just like a RE hack n tap. that really doesnt matter. the tcase is now bolted into my XJ, and it has a flat flange on the rear output. i need the piece posted above to replace the section that bolts to the front output on the tcase on my xj front DS. would like to get this done tonight, but im guessing i have to wait till the AM and hit the driveline shop.

thanks for the offer Hans, but that's pretty far, a couple hours is too far of a drive at the moment. i should have done my homework, i know better :dunno:

just out of curiosity what vehicle has that unit as a stock part??

Man, I can't remember. I've had it for a couple of years now. IIRC it came out of an 80 something T-Bird and was mounted at the axle end of the shaft. It's all cleaned up and greased with nowhere to go! Sorry, you aren't closer. Good luck!---------Hans

I always thought that the hack and tap only worked on the '96 transfer case.
Now I'm wayyyyyy confused about what you are doing.

even on a 96+ you need that flange adapter. but on pre 96, it also comes with a housing to seal it off like a newer case already is. heres an older style XJ t-case with a HnT

IMG_0019-2.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Almost to banning driveline. Ugh this jeep is killing my wallet and I don't even drive the damn thing lol.

it lives!

took her around the block a few times, man i miss driving the XJ :(

HUGE thanks to Dean (RynoXJ)!!!!! without his help i dont think i would have gotten it done, and his family as always made it a pleasure to be there. Thanks to Ben (Dumptruck) for coming by last night and helping get the gas tank swapped out. Thanks to Terry for the use of the vice and the comic relief. And finally big thanks to Cory for giving my poor neglected XJ a home.

We got the gas tank swapped out (had a hole in it) got the new hood put on and the ducting hooked up (Kyung's old hood... now i gots me summa that RAM AIR! wooo woooooooo) and got the spicer flange from Banning Driveline and put it on the front DS i had, and got that put in. Of course Dean painted the flange orange... that guy leaves his mark on everything haha.

I also want to thank everyone who called and replied here. It's nice to know there are people available willing to help me when I am in a bind :cheers: My XJ is now a few steps closer to being back on the road, and eventually the dirt.

now on to the 18908735 other problems.... lol.

Back