• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I disco the discos when measuring comp/extention?

dakotus

NAXJA Forum User
When Im trying to measure my compression/extension of my current shocks do I disconnect the quick discos?

Im looking to buy new shocks that actually work for my rig. Running 5" front and rear flat out. Currently have OME 35L shocks with bar pin eliminators and I feel like my rig is bottoming out, among other ride issues.

Disconnect all your shocks.Make sure your bumpstopped correctly and then flex your rig to its max.Measure from your shock mounts(extened and collapsed length).

Basically you want to find out how far you can stuff the wheels into the fenders before contact and how far down you can go before the springs unseat. The shocks need to have compressed and extended ranges beyond those points so that they don't act as limiters, and you also need to have bumpstops and limiting straps that will stop the axle before those extremes.

Back