• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man Emu kit Q's

wheeling365

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for opinions of the OME kits for my 2000XJ. I've seen them advertised as 2" and 3" kits, so which is it really? I know they come in different spring rates but there isn't much guidance as to what rate is recommended for a set load available that I can find. I want to run a set of moabs w/ 245 bfg at's on it that I have laying around. Its going to be mostly my DD with some mild wheeling duty. I don't keep much for recovery gear inside and its not all armored up beyond diff covers currently. I'm planning to add a CL3 hitch for a recovery point on the back, fuel tank skid and a t-case skid eventually.

Anyone on here a vendor for them by chance? My search skill is bringing the suck.

X3 on Dirk at DPG. He sells 2 inch, 3 inch and 4 inch OME kits. I am currently installing the 4 inch OME/DPG hydrid lift. Tell him how you are going to use it and what equipment your are going to install and he will select your springs for you.

Link: http://www.dpgoff-road.com/site/OMEXJkits.htm

Good luck.

As far as the OME leafs, they vary. And the OME add-a-leafs are fine with these springs if you need because they are specifically made for the leaf specifically made for the spring sets.

I got 3" with this OME combination.

OME 930 A&B Front Coils
TeraFlex 3/4” Spacers #SSTXZ75 (actually 1 1/4” thick)
OME JC1A Rear Leafs
New longer U-Bolts (52ft/lbs torque)

This netted me exactly 3" front and back and great ride. I believe that the Rear leaves should have been 1 "A" and 1 "B" but the kit that I got had 2 'A's'.

Hope this helps.

Well it looks like I'll be calling DPG this weekend to get some more info and maybe place an order.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Don't bother to call this weekend. DPG Business hours:

Business Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs----9am-5pm
Weds.-----------------------9am- 4pm
Friday----------------------9am- Noon Central Standard Time!

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. Today was the first rtime the Jeep moved since the lift and SYE was installed.

I got OME 3: rear pack with regular 1.75 shackles. Running RE 5.5 superflex up front with drop brackets. Just about level. Bilstein 7100's all around valved properly. DD and works great. Don't forget that shocks are REALLY important if its a DD.

Last edited:
Definitely firmer than stock but not objectionable and I like it so far. Still goes around corners and feels very secure. No off road time yet. My experience with lifted XJs is extremely limited so I can't comment if you want to know how it is compared to another lift.

Definitely firmer than stock but not objectionable and I like it so far. Still goes around corners and feels very secure. No off road time yet. My experience with lifted XJs is extremely limited so I can't comment if you want to know how it is compared to another lift.

Are you running E rated tires? Sometimes going from a P-rated tire to a Load E range severely effects the ride quality. P-rated tires somewhat act as a suspension to the suspension. I started wheeling with P-rated tires and I wont go back to a Load D or E tire anymore.

I'm running 31-10.50x15 KM2 tires I think the load range is "C".

I'm running 31-10.50x15 KM2 tires I think the load range is "C".

Yeah, even the LT "C" is stiffer than a "P" rated tire. Ride quality isn't a big deal for most Jeepers, but I felt it was worth noting.

The bad thing about choosing a “P” rated tire is the weak off-road tire selection. Here’s what I run:

nitrl1.xl.jpg

Back