• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep cranks but doesn't start.

Swampwalker3

NAXJA Forum User
Back story: I pulled the Aw4 from the 4.0 to do a rear main. (different story)
After putting it all together, the jeep wouldn't fire. I noticed I had removed a CPS bolt, so I got a new one. Still no dice.

I threw some starting fluid down the intake to see if she'll even try but nothing. Just spins.

Before the rear main change, the jeep ran fine. Only thing I can think of is I magically destroyed the cps somehow.

However, what is this? I can't recall if this was a wire I had left unhooked when I swapped the drivetrain or did when I used the straps to lift the trans somehow.

Sorry about the quality..
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMTguanBn.jpg

Wouldn't hurt to pull a spark plug and ground the electrode while cranking to see if you have any spark. By your description, you probably are missing this.

The crankshaft position sensor can be tested for resistance and that would be a good place to start.

Without that critical input from the crank sensor to the computer, you will not have spark and you will not have fuel going TO the injectors (although you might have fuel pressure at the fuel rail)

Back