• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pop pop pop pop

Rockhound

NAXJA Forum User
everytime i turn the wheel to do a tight 90* turn i get this popping from underneath, into the turn as well as out of. have crawled under and watched as my bud turned the wheels and cannot pinpoint it. at the firewall it sounds like its at the front bumper, there-at the firewall. the only thing i have come up with is LCA bushings which would explain the sound travel. help me out here. thanks
Rockhound:anon:

try the trick with your buddya again with your hand on the trackbar at the body side mount (helps if the engine is on for a little power assist)

Bearings

The next place to check would be your hub bearings. Mine popped furiously when I was turning tight and bound up a little eventually. Jack it up and give the tires a good shake.

yah i got it. the first thing i shouldv'e checked was the last thing i thought to. it was my new RE drop bracket, it had wiggled loose. thanks though guys.
Rockhound

Back