• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree....trails

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Trying to finish up planning runs for Sat, and maybe Sun. Post up what you'd like to run.....easy, moderate, or hard. Also, if you have a trail preference, something you'd like to run, post it up.

I have a route for the easy run. The moderate will likely be a combination of Lower Big Johnson and Clawhammer, depending on how many rigs will be on the run. We'll do two moderate runs if we need to, it would be better to have two runs than one big one so everyone gets a better chance to wheel and have fun.

The hard run will probably be Sledgehammer, and we'll add Jackhammer if there's enough for two runs.

So, post up what you'd like to run.

JohnX said:
LBJ and Claw sounds like me. Nothing on Sunday, probably roll out as soon as I wake up.

sounds like me as well... depending on how the weekend goes... I might want to try and make it to the mailbox... :D

I'll stick to the Easier trails since I have never actually wheeled them myself. I might contemplate LBJ but wanna have stress free fun. lol.

I will be looking for easy as I am scouting for a New Years day run our KJ club does every year. Would be great to be able to see some tough stuff too though. Now hopefully I can make it.

The easy trail will be doable, but interesting enough that everyone should be happy. Plus, there will be a few options for those interested. We should have plenty of time to go watch the harder trails in the afternoon.

Goatman said:
The easy trail will be doable, but interesting enough that everyone should be happy. Plus, there will be a few options for those interested. We should have plenty of time to go watch the harder trails in the afternoon.

What time will the easy run start and where?

Cherikon said:
What time will the easy run start and where?

Run's strart on Sat morning at 8:00AM sharp.

We all will meet in the drylake bed next to camp.

Rich, disregard my PM with trail ideas.

I would LOVE to hit BOTH the Hammers on Saturday. I wouldnt be opposed to getting a small group of 3 or 4 that want to fly through one hammer then play catch up on the opposite one.

Anyone up for that?

I have never been on any of the trails out there. The easy runs sounds fun and hopefully I will have my early xmas present to my self installed (4.5 RE) to test out. I am only about 45 min away from JV (Hesperia) who should I look for Friday after I get off of work?

fish1976 said:
I have never been on any of the trails out there. The easy runs sounds fun and hopefully I will have my early xmas present to my self installed (4.5 RE) to test out. I am only about 45 min away from JV (Hesperia) who should I look for Friday after I get off of work?
Look for lifted jeeps on trailers :D

fish1976 said:

Drive down Boone Rd to the lakebed and you won't be able to miss us. There will be plenty of XJ's along with XJ derived buggies and other rigs.

Goatman said:
Drive down Boone Rd to the lakebed and you won't be able to miss us. There will be plenty of XJ's along with XJ derived buggies and other rigs.

Mmmm Xj derived buggies...

If I do a moderate run will I still be able to have time to watch the XJ's on the hammers?

I am thinking easy/moderate... What are the requirements for the moderate?
I have 3.5 lift running 33's and locked in the back

You can do LBJ with 33's and one locker but you will be building a lot of roads (stacking) and possibly winching. It was done last year by a XJ on 33's and open/open. It was a looooooooong day. I walked right threw it with my Jeep on 35s and dual lockers. You will need rails for this trail as well unless you do not care about the body.

I am reasonable well armored, rails, X-fer case, gas...
Wish I had the cash to get the pumpkins armor, maybe next year.

Back