• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to remove this?

it's a 2 piece deal, the "cover" pops off. The "base" has a couple pieces on the backside that press down over the threads on the headbolts......in theory you should be able to just pull them up off the threads.

I ended up breaking mine on my TJ when I pulled the head dead in the center, but I put it all back together and the cover snapped down over it just fine. You have to look at it closely to see that I broke it.:shhh:

Jeff

I just rocked it back and forth while pulling up on it with both hands...it is just a friction fit over the studs...you should be able to see the studs from the rocker cover side (barely) and stick a screwdriver or pry bar end in there to give it a little nudge.

All are correct! :D I pulled mine with both hands trying to distribute the force a little. I had one I used a screwdriver to pry it up on each of the spots it presses on the head bolts.

Back