• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hole saw recommendations?

buy a hole saw bit at the hardware store, it'll work with your drill

holesaw.jpg

seriously? whats the question?
do they not have home depot in idaho? you need the tool section, ask the cute chick up front for help, she'll help you.

Ahhh! I should have read this thread before responding the one in mod.tech. Ooops.

I would use 4" hole saw. I actually still have mine from when I did this mod... (I usually take those back..... shhhhh.... hahah) but, yeah, lowes? home-depot? harbor freight? any tool place really...

Reason I say go 4" is I used door-edge-molding stuff to hide bare metal, and covers rough edges that could compromise the flex tube. That takes up room, and depending on the flex tube you get, even if it is exactly 3" dia, putting it in a bend like that will make it want more room for distortion. Good luck!

seriously? whats the question?
do they not have home depot in idaho? you need the tool section, ask the cute chick up front for help, she'll help you.

i think that "cute" is a relative term. in idaho i think the locals think the sheep are more cute than their mammasisterwives. of course someone may think that having only one tooth is cute...:eyes:

I was raised a sheltered life. My dad never taught us kids anything, and mom
didn't teach us how to cook. I've had to learn everything either on my own or from someone else.

And who'd thunk you'd see the day when people on a Jeep forum (which most would call hicks) would be trying to make fun of such an offroad-friendly state like Idaho. Haha. As opposed to...? What? All offroad states are going to have some stupid thing to look down on.

Just sad people have to result to epeen measuring to feel good about themselves. Haha.

Anyways, I'll just go to Tates or Brown and rent that bit, when I get around to this mod. Thanks.

Actually, its pretty ridiculous IMO. I paid 30 for a 4". It didn't even have a centering bit!! (didnt realize it till I went to use it) I had to ghetto-fab a center bit, worked like poo... Eventually got my holes cut. For 30 bucks, and a lot of frustration, the supplier can have their tool back!! And, I have had them take them back every time! Still got this one though... I think I have a few more days before the return time is up. See? Renting. :anon:

Morse make fantastic hole saws, I used them in my tubing notcher on mainly .120 wall tubing and I could make 50+ notches with one hole saw
you can get them online at trick-tools.com

Back