• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nitro Gear's any good?

i have only heard good things

i run a pair of nitro shafts and havent had a problem with them. (previously broken stock,yukon and moser)

i have nitro gear 4.88s in my d44 and d60. jeep isnt driveable yet so i dont know how they do. but have heard great things. jeff and the guys from JustDifferentials are good people to deal with :cheers:

I agree Just Differentials is a great place to deal with.

However, I recently bought a set of Nitro D30 4.88s from them and they were defective. They quickly sent out a second set - also defective. Turns out they had a whole batch of bad gears. I'm not sure if it was just the D30 4.88s or if it was more.

This is most likely an isolated incident - and as much as I liked Just Diff. - I went with Yukon gears.

I agree Just Differentials is a great place to deal with.

However, I recently bought a set of Nitro D30 4.88s from them and they were defective. They quickly sent out a second set - also defective. Turns out they had a whole batch of bad gears. I'm not sure if it was just the D30 4.88s or if it was more.

This is most likely an isolated incident - and as much as I liked Just Diff. - I went with Yukon gears.

Defective.........how? Explain! I am running a set of these gears with no issues???

Defective.........how? Explain! I am running a set of these gears with no issues???

I believe his answer in another thread the other day was that the mounting holes in the ring gear were incorrect. If yours mounted on the carrier, then it's fine.

I have a set of 4.56 Nitro gears in mine, but haven't had a chance to form an opinion on them. I have a rotational knocking sound coming from the front axle area of my XJ that wasn't present until I picked it up from the gear shop, and after having my Jeep back at that shop over the last two weeks, the shop's owner still cannot determine its source. I replaced both axle u-joints, hub units, and rotors, and the sound persists. I believe the next step is going to be having the shop tear into the gear install, as I've pretty much excluded any possible external causes.

Back