• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein compatability question

metalman

NAXJA Forum User
so for a few years I have been putting bilstein HDs on just about all of my cars, partly because I've found them to be a great shock or atleast better than any of the factor replacement stuff, and partly because autozone gives an absolutely rediculous lifetime warranty for them (banking on the average joe forgetting about the warranty or taking it to a shop instead), so I've probably gone in and swapped out my shocks for fresh ones ten times between all my vehicles, so here is the question I have

does anyone have a reference for what shocks are compatible based on the lift? The problem is that they no longer list shocks in a catalog by specs, its just be application, so does anyone know if with say X amount of lift you can use shocks from Y vehicle, then we could go backwards and pull shocks for the other vehicle and have a decent chance of piecing together what HD shocks (and the over the counter no questions asked warranty they come with) work with the various lifts instead of bilsteins "you must get a 5100 shock" answer. Again I'm aware that would not be ideal, but for a low performance lifted beater mobile that you can get replacement parts for free, it not a bad way to go about it

thanks

right, bilstein has the 5100 series by application that includes different lift heights, however not the regular HD shocks, those are only listed for stock height vehicles

Why not go with bilstein 5100s, not much more money and that much better.

Back