• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scangauge II

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone on here run a Scangauge II in their Jeep?

They look really nice for what they can do. Debating on buying one for the diagnostic purposes. Not to mention all the cool gauges you can add.:rolleyes:

I run one in my car, but my 87 XJ is not compatible with it. Love it in may car though. I have it set to show MPG's, Water Temp, speed, and volt.

I have used them on prior vehicles, but do not have any new enough at this point to run. But are worth the $$

I also have one in my 98 xj and love it. its great being able to check any cel codes which I have had a couple. also cool being able to get info you would not normally be able to see. go buy one, totally worth it!

Any advice on placing it? Over the steering column looks like the best option, but I was hoping to make it look more factory...

I have one that gets transferred back and forth between the XJ and the motor home.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/4379691055/in/set-72157623364828871/
It's a great device. It's used to monitor the transmission temperature in the MH. Too bad the XJ does not have this sensor installed.

In the XJ, I use it to monitor intake temperature, water temp, voltage and instant mileage.
Changing the readout is very simple. If you have re-geared and have not changed the speedometer gear, you can set the ScanGauge for MPH and adjust it to read the correct speed, using a GPS as a reference.
It will also check for CELs and clear the hot-soak CELs that the late-model XJs frequently have.

DO the "double"din stereo mod, and run it in that area.

I have one, mounted on my column. They keep adding codes on the website to add. Its paid for itself in checking/clearing codes already.

My cockpit:
IMG_0247.jpg

Back