• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few noob Questions

16guns

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 sport with a RC4.5" lift. I am planning on some HD offroad shackle relocation brackets and some extended shackles to lift the rear a bit. So should I wait on a SYE until after the shackle work? Should I skip the shackles and get 6" rear leafs and keep the front with the 4.5" set up? Also does anyone know if the 10 gauge HD offroad stiffeners that I have installed will not allow a future RC LA upgrade? I contacted Grimus99 and I have not heard yet. It is my DD/family taxi/weekend trail rig. Thanks in advance!

I have a 99 sport with a RC4.5" lift. I am planning on some HD offroad shackle relocation brackets and some extended shackles to lift the rear a bit. So should I wait on a SYE until after the shackle work? Should I skip the shackles and get 6" rear leafs and keep the front with the 4.5" set up? Also does anyone know if the 10 gauge HD offroad stiffeners that I have installed will not allow a future RC LA upgrade? I contacted Grimus99 and I have not heard yet. It is my DD/family taxi/weekend trail rig. Thanks in advance!

FWIW, anytime is a good time for the SYE, no need to wait really.
I'd keep the leaf packs you have if they are fine and go with the HDO shackle relo kit. Lots of adjustability there. I'd recommend ACOS or a reasonable facsimile for front height adjustment. -B

The only time I would hold back on an SYE is if you are also putting in a new axle at the same time - avoid buying shims twice, or buying shims then welding perches. This is the only reason mine isn't in yet.

i may be missing something here but why do you want to lift the rear more? does it not sit level?

When I measured my front sits 1" higher than my rear. I have a custom rear bumper and a Rusty's gas tank skid and a 33" spare in the cargo area that is bringing it down I guess. I listed my jeep on the NAC Classified a week ago and people are saying it sits low in the rear. I never noticed it. I have cut my front fenders but not the rears yet. I have so many questions and I surf Naxja all the time, but I seem to develop more questions the more I research! I am now undecided about selling her because overall she is a great jeep in great shape.

the blue one that was in the NAC classifieds? makes sense now. i would go with new leaf packs instead of trying to make up for it with odd shackle set ups, of course new leafs are more expensive idk what your budget is

Yeah that's the one. So could I use 6" leafs instead of the 4.5's? And I would like to do a LA upgrade.

what leafs do you plan on going with? RC? what about a 5.5" leaf with an inch spacer? or a Rubicon Express leaf 4.5" leaf with an inch spacer would prolly put you back up

Back