• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case front output shaft seal

pwa2

NAXJA Forum User
So this is a continuation of an older thread: I've replaced the stock upper control arms with longer Rusty's arm which rotated my front axle's pinion up toward the transfer case. It looks pretty straight now, but I need to replace the xfer case output shaft seal. I can't get the seal out with a screwdriver, any thoughts? I really don't wanna take the case apart again, so getting the old seal out from the outside is what I need.

thanks

I'm not sure what the seal looks like, but if its like the front diff seal here is what i would do. I did my front pinion seal about a month ago and some guys aat my work said it should kind of just peel off with a flat head, THe guys at my work are used to working on newer cars and were amazed that it didnt just "peel off" what I did was punch the screwdriver through the metal seal and pry it off. It took a couple of holes before i found the sweat spot, but i eventually got it off. If its similiar to the front diff this should work.

Back