• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Off Highway package features?

Rodrigo_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello XJers, I have a doubt about what features were stock for the XJ with the Offhighway package....I tried with the search tool with no luck.

The thing is that I own a 1988 Wagoneer Limited featuring complete undersurface protections and 4.10 gear ratio (is a 4.0 Litre so is very strange). I have noted is a little bit lifted in comparison with all others stock XJ I´m able to compare with.

Could be a lifted suspension a featuring for the offhighway package (someone told me that the 4.10 gr in a 4.0 was typical with this package).

Any info welcomed
Thanks in advance

Cheers

You're looking for the off-highway vehicle package, or the upcountry package. It *usually* came with skidplates and a 1-2" suspension lift, I am not sure if the 4.10 axle ratio was standard with that package or not but either way, you got really lucky. Nice setup!

EDIT: as is usually the case, you could order whatever weird combo you wanted at the dealer. Some dealers were known for ordering their stock vehicles with option packages they liked instead of the standard AMC/Chrysler optioned vehicles, I've heard that there were a few in the american southwest that liked to order taller gears than usual but I have no evidence to support it.

Thanks!

I have been searching in google and found a site telling the 4.10 g.r. as a feature of this package and I´m pretty sure my 4.10 are stock.

Now I wonder if all Wagoneer XJ came with this features or also was an option for the waggys.

Regards

interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for XJs with the UpCountry package...

Here a pic of my 88 Wagoneer beside mi ex 95 Cherokee
Imagen000.jpg

you lucky dog you!! my waggy had none of that just 3.55's and flat springs. you keep that wood on there cuz aint many of us left out there and parts are hard to find

Thanks for your entries...!

-Crazy VIN: 8YCMT754XJV0620XX being the last two x numbers.

-Dana 44 rear and Dana 30 front

90waggy....I will keep all the original components, anyway I found a onlineshop where we can buy the woodgrain decal and moulding kit. I have never ordered nothing but if you search for the codes of the parts they have them:

https://www.partszoneonline.com/

Any idea about my VIN, please??

I only know that 8Y is Venezuela origin and J in the 10th position means 1988

The rest is a mistery for me and no Jeep VIN decoder is able to resolve it

Back