• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PSC Steering Set-up

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
Well the time has come to upgrade or replace my power steering pump. Today was its last day. DEAD. I have been reading old post and it seems that the PSC Kit(s) would be a good upgrade. I would rather spend a little more than just replace the stock pump.

Does any one suggest the Hi-Per Kit or the P-Pump Kit? Is there a big difference that I will feel with 33's. In the future if I do go with 35's, I might think about Hydro steering. Would it be wise to just go bigger now?

Please give me you input and if you have any pictures of the reservoir mount on an XJ please let me see them. Thanks for taking a look.

Only use the N pump./ The TC is ok and the P is a completye bitch to set up.

If you get a box too, send your box in as a core and you'll save a ton of $$$ and make sure they port it for hydro assist. When you get it back it will have caps on the hydraulic fittings and you will be able to use it as a regular box until you are ready to go hydro assist.

When you call, speak to Kelvin and he'll set you up.

FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

Thanks for the input, I will give him a call tomorrow. Anyone else want to put in their two cents?

I'm running a psc steering box and pump, I had to return 2 before I got one that worked right but he really backs his product I have been happy with both of them now. JD

I went with the PSC XD ram kit. Different pump, but came with a bracket. 2nd talking to Kelvin, he is the only one with (limited) Xj knowledge. Also 2nd doing the porting for the box now for Ram assist. then it's just a ram and hoses to set yours up in the future.

I too had issues with the steering boxes from PSC, but they were quick to correct the problems, Ram's been on for a year and a half with out issue. (Do add a cooler for the PS system, though)

I just put in the box and pump yesterday on my jeep. I was suppost to get one of the kits with the remote res and stuff but there was a mix up on the ordering. no biggie. I put it in. it took a while to get all the air out. but something is still sticking in the pump because I lost power steering twice in one drive. No rhyme or reason to it.
But the power is very nice. I was able to put my tire next to a big tree then turn the tire against it and it pushed the front axle over. Should be good this weekend.

DaffyXJ said:
Do add a cooler for the PS system, though

X100

The unit can get really hot and over boil. I even went to synthetic fluid with a slightly higher boiling point.

Bringing it up from the dead. Cracker, I just pm'd you, but to anyone else that has done the PSC kit with the res, what did you do with the windshield fluid bottle? Thanks!

Jon

Idaho XJ said:
Bringing it up from the dead. Cracker, I just pm'd you, but to anyone else that has done the PSC kit with the res, what did you do with the windshield fluid bottle? Thanks!

Jon

I have a 94 so the bottle was on the other side of the compartment.

-Avery

Idaho XJ said:

Jon

Late models have the washer bottle up inside the drivers side fender. Might be able to pick up a washer bottle and retrofit it.

Back