• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open or posi?

greenjeep93

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying new axles for when I lift my xj and remember reading a while back about either opens or posi's being better for the rear. I can't remember which ones they said. Does anyone know?

Thanks

buy an open carrier 8.8, unless you're planning on running the LSD.
the LSD carrier is different, and you won't be putting a mini spool or lunchbox locker in it.
If you're planning on going full case locker then it doesn't matter.
The mini spool is cheap, and is working in my 8.8 just fine, get the hardened cross shaft.

I just got the 8.8 and was wondering if any of u have seen any kind of installation instructions for converting it to an xj
yeah:
weld on spring perches
weld on shock mounts
get correct yoke, and size drive shaft to match

Alright so I ordered the kit for the 8.8" but now I'm looking for a front axle. I'm looking toward the d44 but I can't find any writeups anywhere on how to install it. Can anyone help me out here?

mexico, not so cal. aparently they are not only sending waves of illigals over the border but their shock waves through the earth as well!

mexico, not so cal. aparently they are not only sending waves of illigals over the border but their shock waves through the earth as well!
thats funny, im in CALIFORNIA, and felt it. the rest of the socal chapter felt it, and none of them are in mexico?

maybe you dont understand how earthquakes work? it travels.

Back