• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grease Choices

97stomper

NAXJA Forum User
I simply searched "grease" and didn't find what I was looking for in the first few pages...at least not by topic.

My question is: Is wheel bearing grease good enough to use on everything? From ujoints to driveshaft slip-joints to TREs to super-joints on long arms, etc, etc?

Or what is THE all-purpose grease if there is one?

Thanks,

Rob

I like the Lucas "Red & Tacky"

Or the Valvoline semi-synthetic. Dura-Blend

Wayne

My preference is to the marine grease.

I don't try and submarine my XJ like some on here do, or try testing a snorkel I don't have by driving through water up to my nipples, but I have been known to drive through some mud holes and cross a few streams and marine grease will stand up to that better than standard "automotive" grease.

What about the effects of different types of grease on poly or rubber bushings, like greaseable shackles for instance?

I use Mobilgrease 28 on everything. Good stuff.

I run full syn grease and marine style grease like joe has stated.

I usually buy the 3-pack of tubes at Home Depot, forget what it is. One tube of red, one tube of green, I forget what the third is. I like the colored greases because I can tell when I have forced the old dirty grease out much easier that way.

Back