• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ Water coming from HVAC Housing - Yes, I searched.

89xjgrey

NAXJA Forum User
The long and short...

Only when it rains or at a car wash. It's not anti-freeze.

Water on passanger side floor. It is not the antannea hole, I have no anteanna and plugged that hole with a rubber grommet. Every other water problem I've read on here points to the seal at the blower motor, leaking water down the firewall. Simple enough. But my water leak is not coming down the firewall, it is coming from inside the HVAC housing. Drips right out of the blower motor resistor. When I remove the resistor, water pours out and blows out when I turn the fan on. I have no A/C compressor anymore.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I recently posted on this topic. Mine is coming through the firewall but from what I've read you may have an issue with water leaking through the windshield cowl (that grate looking thing where the wiper motors are). From what I understand it requires pulling the dash apart. If I can find it and send it to you, some guy did a great write up on how to repair it.

Best of luck.. I've got to go bail out my jeep as I haven't had a chance to seal the blower motor.

There is a drain tube on the firewall in engine compartment, starter area, that gets clogged. (black rubber 'L' shape 'bout 2-3 inches long) Might be worth checking.

Back