• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

teraflex leaf pack?

jdbwrx

NAXJA Forum User
Saw that Teraflex had 3.5" leaf packs on sale for a decent price. Searched but not much came up on them. Anybody have them? Thoughts? Impressions?

I bought a pair. Haven't installed them because I'm waiting on some other parts.

Had planned to go 3.5" overall, but apparently you must their lift shackles with these springs. That puts the lift at around 5" and means SYE, brake lines, track bar, etc.

Had I known, I probably wouldn't have purchased them. Oh well. Would probably have wanted to go higher later anyway.

I bought a pair. Haven't installed them because I'm waiting on some other parts.

Had planned to go 3.5" overall, but apparently you must their lift shackles with these springs. That puts the lift at around 5" and means SYE, brake lines, track bar, etc.

Had I known, I probably wouldn't have purchased them. Oh well. Would probably have wanted to go higher later anyway.

Can you tell why the springs must be used with the shackles? We can use teraflex shackles with stock springs so why wouldn't these work without em?

This is the reply I got from the teraflex folks when I asked:

The spring is not the correct length for a stock shackle. The stock shackles will get pulled to the frame, the lift shackles will sit in the correct position. You will end up with about 5" of lift.

This is the reply I got from the teraflex folks when I asked:

The spring is not the correct length for a stock shackle. The stock shackles will get pulled to the frame, the lift shackles will sit in the correct position. You will end up with about 5" of lift.

I see. You will obviously have a vertical shackle angle with these springs and their shackles. I had the same problem with my RC 4" springs. The stock shackle is pulled all the way forward and hits the frame. I had to run a couple hundred pounds in the rear to settle the spring and get the shackle vertical again.

The teraflex springs would work great with the HD shackle relocation brackets since you can dial in the shackle angle and not have to use lift shackles.

Thanks for explaining the reason. :)

That puts the lift at around 5" and means SYE, brake lines, track bar, etc.

That was the other thing I needed to know. That would actually work out perfect for me, as that is the height I'm at (already have TNT boomerang shackles).

What did they charge you for shipping?

Not too bad. I got my RC springs for $272 shipped from Ron at 4wheelingplus.com.

Just curious..I've been lurking here for quite some time and never really posted or had the need to...until I got to the rear springs on my XJ :).

Were you able to use the stock shackles with those RC springs? I don't want 5" of lift overall..I don't need it...the 3.5" or so would be fantastic.

I'm going to post pictures of what i've done to mine when it's done and ready to go..it's a work in progress at this point.

Thanks!
Nick

Just curious..I've been lurking here for quite some time and never really posted or had the need to...until I got to the rear springs on my XJ :).

Were you able to use the stock shackles with those RC springs? I don't want 5" of lift overall..I don't need it...the 3.5" or so would be fantastic.

I'm going to post pictures of what i've done to mine when it's done and ready to go..it's a work in progress at this point.

Thanks!
Nick

At first, no. They pulled the shackle all the way forward. I drove around for a while with 200-300 lbs of cement blocks in the rear. This settled the springs and then I could use the stock shackles (now vertical).

Last edited:
At first, no. They pulled the shackle all the way forward. I drove around for a while with 200-300 lbs of cement blocks in the rear. This settled the springs and then I could use the stock shackles (now vertical).

Awesome. So they seem to be a pretty soft flexy spring then? A local spring shop here in vegas wants 700 bucks to do a leaf pack..and I really don't want to pay it. I've got the machinery here to re-arch my stock springs but right now I'm lacking the time and just want to play in the rocks. The stock ones have an add a leaf on them and the ass end of the thing rides horribly.

Thanks!

Awesome. So they seem to be a pretty soft flexy spring then? A local spring shop here in vegas wants 700 bucks to do a leaf pack..and I really don't want to pay it. I've got the machinery here to re-arch my stock springs but right now I'm lacking the time and just want to play in the rocks. The stock ones have an add a leaf on them and the ass end of the thing rides horribly.

Thanks!

I know what you mean. I had RC's AAL before and it came off two weeks later lol. Terrible...just terrible.

The springs are ok. Not the SOFTEST like old man emu, and not the stiffest, but in between. They will flex as much as you allow them to (bumpstop, tire size, etc) Right now I'm sitting at around 3.75" with 200 lbs of crap in the back. Time to take all that weight out and get some HD shackle relocators. I wanted the spring to settle or sag a little so when I put the HD shackles relocators on then it will be even cuz those relocators give you some height, I think an inch or so.

Back