• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD steering that plays nicely with stock rims?

chpmnsws6

NAXJA Forum User
I've looked at the major brands, and everything I've seen says I must run spacers or aftermarket rims. Both options are out of the question. My stock steering is getting pretty bad.

The jeep is only lifted around 3.75-4 inches (control arm drop with LCA's parallel with the ground if not slightly raked upward), but I'd like to go with with the more traditional inverted T steering if possible, and keeping the sway bar is a MUST. Its a street truck that sees use at the barn, but will probably never go wheeling again. Do I just need to go the Grand Cherokee route?

Last edited:
i would think that a currie setup would work fine, i know you said you are partial to the inverted T at this point, but there is really nothing wrong with the inverted Y for our application, especially at your lift height... or are you going the route of replacing knuckles or doing the WJ setup? if you didnt want to do that you could look into the reid racing knuckles. your sig says rubicon spec XJ, do you have a D30? or a rubicon 44? or something different.

Just an 8.25/D30 combo with lockers and 31's. The sig was more of a joke :)

I'm looking into the WJ setup now

If it's for the barn and not trails, why not just go zj. It'll be cheaper and probably pretty sufficient.

Ended up going the Rusty's route. It was about the same price as buying all new stock stuff, will get rid of the stock style steering, and will fit with the stock rims. At 3.5-40 inches of lift, if should not put much angle/bind into the TRE's and I'll have spacers in it from the get-go.

Off topic question, are you running Rubi rims on yours? Did you go through Virden last weekend, maybe like a Friday night?

Not I.

I have the graphite Ecco's on it right now

pict0008ez.jpg

Classic photo.....an XJ pulling a classic poo-flinger. :clap: Sorry for the thread derail..........I love the WJ setup.

It earned its keep that day... Felt weird driving it in high range after running around the pasture all day in low range. Thankfully the Taurus fan kept the 3 row radiator cool, and the AC fan only kicked on when I felt bad for it and manually turned it on :)

Rusty's setup feels good. It looks like they changed the main bar, as mine looks much beefier then my buddies older version.

Back