• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedometer gear tooth count

redneck

NAXJA Forum User
I have 315 75 16 BFG KM2 tires that measure 34.8" in diameter and 4.56 gears should I get the 37 or 38 tooth speedo gear? Im right in the middle of the 2. My thought would be the 38 tooth so when the tires wear it will get closer. :dunno: Dose one tooth really make that much of a difference?

My 35's with 4.56 gears read almost dead on with the stock speedo gear...

how many teeth are on the stock gear? Its hard to search on my blackbery.

I'm not sure, but every time i drive by one of those signs that give you your speed i'm within 1-2mph of it, did it twice a day all last week. I also like driving alongside those new civics that have the HUGE digital display cause i can match their speed look down into their cab and see what their speedo reads lol kinda gheto but hey it works.

If it came stock with 3.55's, it had a 36-tooth speedometer gear. Each tooth is approximately 3%, which means each tooth is about 3 MPH at 100 MPH. At 50 MPH, you'd be half that (off about 1.5 MPH).

Perfect! One thing that I dont have to buy. No need to drop $60 for only being 3% off. Thanks!

Back