• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 cherokee with 5 inches of lift and no sye

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
I have shims installed and right now there is only about 2inches of slip yoke on the TCase shaft. Is that driveable?

I wouldn't drive it on a trail not sure about on the street. I bet it still vibes too.

X4

One of my guys at work just had his driveshaft fall out. I have no idea what his total combination is but, that tells me that it can happen.

Its been sitting since dec after I hit a tree. i just want to drive the damn thing. I dont want to wait another 2 weeks.

I think we all know that feeling. Don't think you're alone in that, dude.

Most of us have had that headslapping moment where we wished we had been patient and done it the right way...

My moment was with the qtrack tcase on a J10 full-size jeep pickup. The two case halves weren't going together, and it, not being my daily driver, should have been walked away from and thought about.

Instead I torqued another full turn and promptly destroyed the alum case...NOOOOOOOOO!!! lol.

Do it right the first time: Buy the best sye you can afford, cry once, and be done with it for a long time.

Back