• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I love me a renix

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
Just a note,
I threw a rod in my MJ 4.0 over a year ago. It sat on my father in laws property since then because i gave it to him. He did nothing with it so i got it back. two months later i found a motor and tranny in a guys truck in the Harbor Frieght parking lot he needed to get rid of. It was in great shape, and he offered $150. GREAT as i was going to offer $250 or so. I rebuilt it down to the bearings, which took a while because i bought most of my stuff online, upgraded as much as i could, and took my time to do it right. I plunked it in yesterday, connected everything, double and triple checked it all, filled it with oil and hooked up a fresh battery.
Now keep in mind it has 3/4 of a tank of gas OVER A YEAR OLD. I cranked the motor to check for scary sounds and any complications and she fired right up.
WOAH!!! Can you believe it? no adjustments needed!! I sure do like these engines. My vortec 454 took adjustment after painful adjustment to get running after reassembly. Its a great motor but tempermental. That damn renix 4.0 just fired up ready to run.
(note, i didnt replace the lifters or cam so i wasnt worried about a cam break in process.)
Just wanted to express my happiness with this motor design.:rof:

Just a note,
I threw a rod in my MJ 4.0 over a year ago. It sat on my father in laws property since then because i gave it to him. He did nothing with it so i got it back. two months later i found a motor and tranny in a guys truck in the Harbor Frieght parking lot he needed to get rid of. It was in great shape, and he offered $150. GREAT as i was going to offer $250 or so. I rebuilt it down to the bearings, which took a while because i bought most of my stuff online, upgraded as much as i could, and took my time to do it right. I plunked it in yesterday, connected everything, double and triple checked it all, filled it with oil and hooked up a fresh battery.
Now keep in mind it has 3/4 of a tank of gas OVER A YEAR OLD. I cranked the motor to check for scary sounds and any complications and she fired right up.
WOAH!!! Can you believe it? no adjustments needed!! I sure do like these engines. My vortec 454 took adjustment after painful adjustment to get running after reassembly. Its a great motor but tempermental. That damn renix 4.0 just fired up ready to run.
(note, i didnt replace the lifters or cam so i wasnt worried about a cam break in process.)
Just wanted to express my happiness with this motor design.:rof:
I guess i should just say i love me a 4.0, didnt matter much that it was a renix, but thats all ive owned and i know em by heart now so im biased.

Back