• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this hose?!

uRabbit

NAXJA Forum User
77ccefbd.jpg

'90 XJ 4x4 4.0 I6

It's not attached to anything at the end closest to the camera. >.<

And yes, I know that air filter is ridiculous. Might go out and get a stock one.

It's a pre-heated air tube that goes from an outside fitting on the ex. manifold to the air box to pre-heat air when in warm up mode. I found mine just hanging there too. I removed it when I put my K/N intake in, nothing noticeable.

That tube really only makes a difference on carbureted vehicles, helps delay the onset of carb icing in cold, humid conditions. EFI- no big deal.

Looks like all the other CCV lines are still in the area from the airbox delete. Make sure if you get a junkyard airbox you find one that doesn't have bowed out sides.

dude... i can understand a thumb in the picture... but your palm? ever used a camera before?

Thanks for a pointless post!

The reason for the finger is:
- It's my iPhone camera and
- the sun was creating a difficult picture

So, for people like you that complain about minute details, I fixed the sunlight issue.

anytime. :) if you really want to get picky about it, take the picture with the sun to your back, or you could have turned the jeep around and used the hood to block the sun. but maybe next time right?

if you want something constructive; i vote making a heat sheild for your current setup, you said you were thinking about making a box for it. im not into mud or deep water, so that would be my plan of action. and as said, the hose is essentially pointless.

anytime. :) if you really want to get picky about it, take the picture with the sun to your back, or you could have turned the jeep around and used the hood to block the sun. but maybe next time right?

Nope. I don't care that much about not having my flesh in the picture. It shows exactly what I wanted it to show.

With that filter hanging out in the engine compartment, you have a version of air pre-heater anyway. Real old school. Most people figured out by now that COLD air intake makes more horsepower.

just FYI if you have to smog your XJ, that hose moght need to be connected. i failed smog because i removed that hose. but this is CA and youre in ID. it really is a pointless hose IMHO.

My county requires smog testing. Previous owner said it passes smog (before I found this hose), but then again, he didn't exactly tell me about the other issues that I've found tho either.

just FYI if you have to smog your XJ, that hose moght need to be connected. i failed smog because i removed that hose. but this is CA and youre in ID. it really is a pointless hose IMHO.

Mines gone, no issues with smogging, Over 5 years now.

Back