• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33" TSL or 34" LTB

gradysjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I sold my 33" Bighorns and now I'm looking to get some new meats for the jeep. Jeep is strictly offroad only and is trailered. Want either 33x12.5 TSLs bias. or 34x10.5 LTBs. Wheeling I do is east coast so a little bit of everything but I prefer rock performance the most. What would you get? Axles are D30/8.25 4.56 gears and aussie locked D30.

just for reference, check the actual diameter of each tire as well. if i remember correctly, the 34's run small and the 33's run big. i have yet to read anything bad about the narrower 34's other than trouble balancing and some rare stories of throwing lugs on the highway. those seem typical for all swampers though. my next tires will be the LTB's. if you're not super worried about flotation in mud, i'd go LTB's. the narrower contact patch means more psi on the ground and better grip. at least thats what i've read. i have yet to try out the pizza cutters but that seems to be the general consensus online...

Yeah the actual diameter on the 34s is 33.6 and the actual diamter on the 33 tsl is 33.7 so the tsl are actually bigger. I'll prob be getting the ltbs they are cheaper as well.

Just out of curiosity, why did you get rid of your Bighorns?

I've got them in the 35" flavor and I love them. Got a couple of thousand miles and 3 wheeling trips on them.

Jeep is offroad only now and while the bighorns are great dual purpose tires the Ltbs will be better for a offroad only rig. I didn't see the bighorns holding up to the wheeling I do. Needed the bias ply strength you can't get from a bighorn. I did love them though.

You can call Interco tire direct and get what you need .My 34's were not on back order.

look at the 34x9.5 swampers.
They run big like the TSLs, bias ply construction and the deepest skid depth of any swamper made.

The downside is that you need narrow rims to run them aired down. I have 15x7s, but wish I had 15x6's. with 15x7s and no beadlocks I can run tham at 12 PSI and not worry, anything less than 10 and I start having bead problems.

The downside is that you need narrow rims to run them aired down. I have 15x7s, but wish I had 15x6's. with 15x7s and no beadlocks I can run tham at 12 PSI and not worry, anything less than 10 and I start having bead problems.

is that common with most 10.5" wide tires? my rims are 8" and am looking to get tires soon. ive seen the 33/10.5s on stock rims and the tire tread rounded over quite a bit. seems like it could have used a little wider rim to flatten the tread more.

is that common with most 10.5" wide tires? my rims are 8" and am looking to get tires soon. ive seen the 33/10.5s on stock rims and the tire tread rounded over quite a bit. seems like it could have used a little wider rim to flatten the tread more.
10.5 wide tires are great on 7-8" rims, my 34's are only 9.5" tread width.
Most tire manufacturers will recommend a rim width, and the 9.5's are recommended at 6". Problem is that finding 6" wide rims is a bit difficult.

Back