• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Neew jeep new gremlins

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Just picked up a 97 XJ and found out it as an electrical gremlin. Here's the issue

with the driving lights off the dimmer switch will adjust the parking light intensity and the dash lights are always on but do not change intensity.

with the light switch on the dimmer switch has no effect.

I dont know if this is a problem with the PO's shotty electrical skill or if there is a short or something. I havent dug into it yet but it doesnt look like they messed with anythin under the dash (that I can see)

where should I start

I would start out by checking out the light switch with a multimeter. Make sure it is working the way it should in each position. A wiring diagram would help a ton too, to figure out what the switch was suppossed to do in each position.

I would start out by checking out the light switch with a multimeter. Make sure it is working the way it should in each position. A wiring diagram would help a ton too, to figure out what the switch was suppossed to do in each position.

Agree. Note that are there some pretty crappy aftermarket switches out there. Some of the crappy ones you can't get the parking lights to come on unless you put the switch in between the stops.

Back