• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlite and turn signal. Help

PAUL B

NAXJA Forum User
1993 4.0, auto. This started as an intermiten problem about a week ago but now is constant. The turn signal and high beam indicator on the dash come on all at the same time when I use the turn signal (right or left), and with the lite swich on (both positions). Now the fun part. The turn signals work with the lite swich off, but not with the swich on, and the headlites don't come on. I searched and got some results. I checked all bulbs and sockets, all good. Grounds seem to be fine. any thing I missed. Thanks yall

i'm no expert, but it sound like an issue with contact points in the turn signal switch, if possible, can you test and bypass the turn signal switch to get the turn signals independent of the headlights?? I'd start from behind the switch and bypass both to see if they are crossing currents.

your turn signal switch is replaced, or your headlight switch is replaced???

there is a flasher for the brights on the turn signal switch activated by going front back, vs., up/down for the turn signals. my money's on the issue somewhere in there....

good luck.:dunno:

I replaced the headlite swich. Were is the turn signal swich? Well to add to the fun, The oil presure sending unit just broke on my way back from the store and dumped most of my oil. Oh joy LOL.

Last edited:
My '96 is doing the same thing intermittantly. I bought a new turn signal switch (~$70 from Advance Auto Parts). Right after I bought the new one it stopped (before I installed the new switch). So I keep the switch and the tool needed to change it in the back in case it does it again.

Back