• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have a one piece XJ windshield?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
need to replace my very bad off windshield and dont want to spend the 110-150$ for a new one.

Anyone have one around the OC/So cali area they want to get rid of?

I have one...... but I am using it at the moment.: P:roflmao:

Sorry

I have one. You've seen it.

I need to have it taken off and resealed... its leaking like mad. From what I've found, its the same price to pull off and reinstall as it is to get a new one installed.

I'd be happy to come down to your place and get it done, and sell you mine for cheap to offset the cost... but it'd be a month or so away.

as opposed to a two piece windshield? :D

well i guess if you count the two layers of glass with the sticky stuff in between.

very old cars had 2pc windsheilds. I know my buddys 56 chevy pickup does.

I agree Rick its a SOB to do yourself $110.00+/- is well worth lettin someone else do it......SANTA

True and if you get the windshield out and have any scratches on the pinchweld and dont use the right primers, you are going to have rust problems down the line, And then you have to buy Urethane etc. And a cheapo caulking gun wont pump that stuff out. I use a 26 to 1 ratio gun. And on the newer style XJs you have to save the rubber molding to reuse or buy a new one, on the older XJs you need a clip tool so you dont damage all the clips to get your moldings back on.

Back