• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical question

deesiexj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have a quick question about my 93 XJ with 4.0 AW4. I was removing my headliner the other day to replace it and I accidentally crossed the circuit in the interior dome light. After doing that, my radio resets when I turn it off(no presents, goes to AM, stock radio by the way), the power locks don't work anymore, and the interior dome light no longer works. I don't have the owner's manual to check fuse numbers, so can anyone give me the correct fuses to check? Or any other leads, this isn't the end of the world if I can't fix it, but it is pretty annoying. Thanks

Look for cavity #2, should have a light blue 15 amp fuse in it. This just happened to me the other day on my 91 while I was rewiring the dome light.

If that doesn't do it, just check the fuses one at a time till you find one blown... it won't take very long.

Bringing it back a month later...So I have checked all the fuses, nothing blown, still no interior lights, radio resets, no power locks. Any other guesses or places for me to look? When I shorted the dome light, I heard it pop, but I don't remember any smoke or anything. Any other leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Back