• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Ghetto" hood lift rain issues?

cherokee4.0

NAXJA Forum User
I have the windshield end of my hood lifted an inch for cooling.

Now I live in SoCal and have not gone thru the winter/rainy season yet with this set up.

Has anyone who has been thru many months of off and on rainy weather AND this same hood lift have any electrical problems?

I don't want to find out too late that I need another CPS or something.

THANKS!

Here is mine.

hood1.jpg

For rain issues I got these at the local sign shop from somebody who never picked them up. I've been 75mph and they haven't come off.

hood4.jpg

Pretty ghetto I know, but cheap (free).

Matt

i have lebaron vents, and it has rained on my engine all week and it has started every day

buzzbombxj said:
i have lebaron vents, and it has rained on my engine all week and it has started every day

I also have those same vents. It's not the starting that's the problem it the driving when your TPS is shot is the problem. I have gone through two of them before I figured out that they DO NOT like to get wet.

Throttle Position Sensor gets wet?

Where is that located? (near the throttle body I'm guessing?)

Where did u locate your hood vents?

Is it likely that the opening from the ghetto lift will get water over to the TPS?

THANKS!

Thanks all for your responses.

I just went to gojeep.com and found what I was looking for in a writeup about 260Z bonnet vents:

"Don't do as others have done and add them near the middle (of the hood) and have to replace the TPS all the time which will happen!"

My hood has vents and I live in DE. and have had no problem. :passgas:

:idea: I do coat everything with WD40 and put Dilectric grease in every elec conector.

50DSCN1530-med.jpg

A little maintace goes a long way

cherokee4.0 said:
Throttle Position Sensor gets wet?

Where is that located? (near the throttle body I'm guessing?)

Where did u locate your hood vents?

Is it likely that the opening from the ghetto lift will get water over to the TPS?

THANKS!

I located them about then only place you can. These are pretty large vents. I thought this a better idea than raising the hood bit.

I did solve my problem by just simply covering the the TPS with rubber cut from a bycicle inner tube. I have since made drip trays
sticker.gif

Last edited:
Back