• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I'm goi g to pick up 4 rubicon rims...will they fit

96XJ_4.0

NAXJA Forum User
In the trunk? LMAO

WILL 4 rubicon 17s on stock tires fit in the back of my Cherokee? If I fold the seat and remove my spare?

In the trunk? LMAO

WILL 4 rubicon 17s on stock tires fit in the back of my Cherokee? If I fold the seat and remove my spare?

I got 5 35" muds and 5 rims in my cherokee. One tire had to go on the roof. It was a biatch to make it fit. My rear hatch was bungeed to keep it closed, but I was able to do it.

They will fit IN your cherokee, but they won't fit ON if you were planning on that. They are a different bolt pattern. Only the 16" rubicon rims will fit.

X2 !

The 17" Rubicons are 5x5 not 5x4.5

Looks like the joke is on you!!

Bleh they were such a good deal oh well.

Guess I'll have to keep a look out for 16s.

What joke? I no kid?!

Are there any other stock 17 s that will fit?

I kinda like the look of em:
163_0802_2008_readers_rides_12z%2B2007_jeep_wrangler_rubicon%2Bbrenda_yates_of_raleigh_north_carolina.jpg

Do they have tires? Pm me price if u don't want to post it.

Kinda like those cragers in black.

pm sent.

And the bolt circle is correct on those cragers. Someone else should chime in on whether or not they would work though. link says 17X9 with 5" backspacing. I'm not really smart when it comes to backspacing, but I seem to recall most people use about 4" but I dont know because thats a 9" wide wheel

What 17 would you guys reccomended to beat up on the trail?

And thanks for the reply Xjclassic2000! Ill be in touch...

Why wouldn't you run wheel adapters then? I bet they make adapters to adapt the 5 on 4.5 to a 5 on 5 pattern or whatever the JK is. Plus chances are those rims will have a steep backspace on them and really suck the tires in, perhaps too much to the point where you'll rub. I know my Ravines had 5.5" of backspacing and were 15x8s and I couldn't even fit the palm of my hand between a 32x11.50 and the leaf spring. The fronts rubbed against the coils when I flexed.

Technically, your rim size should not really be more than half your tire size, especially if you want to trail the thing. Therefore, if you want to run 17s, you should be running 34" or bigger tires to be on the safe side. It's just a general rule, of course, but it does work. That's why 15s and 33s work so well together, and rims last through the ride. :D

Why do new rubicon wranglers all have 17s? And rarely have 34+tires?

I don't get why rim size matters?

I'd think less circular flex on the tire at low pressures (like a dragster at launch). More stability...right?

Back