• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

w0000! Progress on the MJ

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
First of all, once again, HUGE thanks goes out to Andy, he provided a nice work station, I would have been EFFED doing this by myself. Most of the stuff here needed two sets of hands, the clutch being one of them!

I got my door strikers mounted, so I can close my doors now WITHOUT ratchet straps!!!! Yaaaaay!! Also got the doors fitted and adjusted damn near perfect. Also, you may notice the old hole is gone from the old strikers, that's because Andy convinced me we should weld it up to make it look best, I have to say, I wasn't all that concerned with it until it was over with, then it looked bitchin. Glad we did it!

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

We also got the u-joints swapped, driveshaft in, clutch bled (thanks for the help Grimm) and shifter all buttoned up.

IMG_0045.jpg

Not pictured is getting the 97+ header panel fitted and installed, still have a few minor things here and there but they should be done soon, it was late, I had to go home and return to a neighbor (who I already don't like) coming over and talking about how my dog had been howling all night... great.

Oh btw, Cory, THANK YOU for the bitchin brisket, and thanks for confirming my security with my sexuality!

IMG_0041.jpg

See...you were worried about nothing. :D Looks great. Good job guys.

Sexyyyyy, the MJ that is. Not you and Andy in the girlie Benz.

at least Jimbo is giving Cory the pimp slap haha. You guys make that thing look like a miata, who know it could handle that kind of weight :D

Good times once again guys.

:laugh: Dean, this wasn't a work party, originally I called Andy to see if I could come over and borrow his hands and workspace for a day. Then Cory came over as well to hang out and BBQ, and Grimm showed up to bring a tire for Cory. You know how it goes ;)

Hahahah....no worries. :D

Now I feel bad.........sorry Dean. I had my son this weekend so I was trying to be a good dad and not work on cars and not spend time with him. Well, turns out I am a bad dad.........:bawl:

Now I feel bad.........sorry Dean. I had my son this weekend so I was trying to be a good dad and not work on cars and not spend time with him. Well, turns out I am a bad dad.........:bawl:

What am I??? Chop Liver??

Your a good dad Andy, and a good friend too! Always willing to help out the crew!

:thumbup:

Jim, looks like the MJ is coming along nicely! I've got a set of late model doors that will be going on mine here pretty soon. Soon being a relative term since I have a newborn at home, and she likes to steal my attention! Anyhow, glad to see yer making good progress on yer rig.

Jim, looks like the MJ is coming along nicely! I've got a set of late model doors that will be going on mine here pretty soon. Soon being a relative term since I have a newborn at home, and she likes to steal my attention! Anyhow, glad to see yer making good progress on yer rig.
Thanks man, progress is the same way on my XJ, sloooooowwww... but I don't have a cool excuse like you do! I'll have to swing it by T&J's sometime that you're there once I get her painted.

Back