• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Work in progress

MarkSr

NAXJA Forum User
I have been working on my new XJ and wanted to share my progress.
I started with a set of wheels and tires(31 inch),roof rack,JCR front bumper,roof rack,CB and antenna and 2 inch coil spacers to the RC 3 inch lift.

I will be installing my JCR rear bumper and 2 inch shackles today. I also have a set of JCR stage 3 rock sliders on order that should be here in the next few days.

After installing my 2 inch coil spacers, I noticed in reverse, I get some slipping if I give too much gas. Im affraid if I install my rear shackles I may make the problem worse. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks,
Mark

xj1.jpg

xj2.jpg

xj3.jpg

the only way to explain is in reverse, it seems that it skipping gears in the diff area. If i am easy on the gas I dont have that problem. I have 3 inch coils with 2 inch spacer. Do I need to drop my transfer case or get a longer drive shaft now?

that looks like a JCR bumper.

Mark, if you put your foot on the brake when its in reverse, then release and push it again do you get a soft "clunk" noise? if so i would check your trans mount, when they go out they make all sorts of noise.

Lookin good, I agree its too clean, gotta get out there and dirty it up! :D

that looks like a JCR bumper.

Mark, if you put your foot on the brake when its in reverse, then release and push it again do you get a soft "clunk" noise? if so i would check your trans mount, when they go out they make all sorts of noise.

Lookin good, I agree its too clean, gotta get out there and dirty it up! :D

I will check it out. Thanks!

Back